Joining the Knights
If you are looking to join Aureus Knights you've come to the right place.
Applying to the Guild
Start by reading our charter and make sure if you are interested in being considered for full membership that you've posted in our recruitment forum.
Once you've posted your recruitment thread get yourself invited to the guild in the game you are applying to (check the sticky threads on the forum for your game of choice). Once you have been invited to the guild in game a two week trial begins. You don't have to do anything else. Just be a solid member who is worthy of our charter, that's really all there is to it.
So in summary, the process is this:
- Post an introduction
• Note that, for our FFXIV chapter, you will also want to submit an in-game application (clicky). An introductory post isn't necessary, but it's a great way to meet people in the larger guild!
- Get invited to the guild in the game you want to play with us
- Be a solid member of the guild
- After two weeks the officer team will vote on your application
Some Thoughts on Being a Knight
Staying in touch...
We are a community above all else. We are more than the game we currently play in; we are a group of friends, a family that enjoys our favorite hobby together. A key component of the guild is staying in touch. There are a couple of things I recommend:
- Stay in touch here on the forums - you are here, that's a great first step. Even when you are done playing the current game with us make sure you drop by once and a while to say hi.
- Voice chat. Ventrilo to be specific. voice chat is not everyone's cup of tea, and that's ok. But if you are comfortable it is a great way to get to know your fellow guild members. On our vent server you won't find foul mouthed kids ruining the place, you'll find a safe spot for everyone to enjoy.
- Our chat room. Not many people know about the chat room but it is a great way to stay in touch as well. Here on the forums click the chat button to get started. If you register for chatterous you can integrate our chat room with gtalk, your cellphone and a lot more.
- Social media. We use social media in a few different ways and we are always experimenting. We use Steam to schedule AKS Casual events (FPS and more). We use XFire to chat while playing the game and keeping track of who is playing what when. We maintain a Twitter account where we post events, recruiting messages, etc. A facebook group, which we use for events and also staying in touch.
Playing with AKS
Make sure you check out the stickies here on the forums, particularly in the game specific forum for the game you are playing with us. There is a lot of information there.
We post all of our guild events in the Events Forum, check it often and do not hesitate to post your own events. If you build it, they will come.
That's it... that simple. Welcome to the family and we hope to see you in game!
Pre Release Recruitment
Typically our recruitment process works like this: all new applicants go through a two week trial that starts once you've been invited in game. Once we are comfortable with an applicant the officer team will hold a vote on an application taking in to account forum activity, conduct in game and how an applicant lives up to our charter
There are very few exceptions to this. We do however like to be on the look out for applicants who demonstrate conduct above and beyond on the forums in periods leading up to game releases. What does this mean exactly? Forum conduct that:
- Sees an applicant with high quality contributions. We NEVER look at quantity when it comes to forum participation, QUALITY is the only measure we look for.
- Sees an applicant making CONTENT contributions to the forums. Post a guide, answer people's questions with detailed information.
- Sees an applicant demonstrate and ABOVE AND BEYOND adherence to our charter.